Welcome to Beijing BISS International School, an extraordinary and unique school located in a convenient central area of Beijing City.
BISS is celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2019, bringing over two decades of focused development into a progressive school with an established reputation for empowering students to attain personal excellence.
Defining characteristics of BISS include:
- a caring, personalized learning environment enabled by excellent faculty, small class and school size, and the active nurturing of a student-centred school climate
- experienced, qualified and caring teachers, selected from the best applicants from all over the world
- a world-class curriculum via the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP) in conjunction with a comprehensive, inclusive extra-activities programme
- advanced use of technology to enhance authentic learning, using 21st century learning techniques appropriate to students in this technological age
- a central location, convenient to city-living families and near the heart of one of the most dynamic, historical and culturally rich cities in the world
- a proven history of excellence and student performance, with a stable governance structure spanning over 20 years in Beijing and almost 40 years when including our "mother" school, ISS International School in Singapore
- a diverse community of learners (students, parents and faculty) from approximately 30 countries, who support each other and thrive from learning together.
As we move forward, BISS is committed to providing the best education possible, keeping a distinct “I am noticed, I am loved and I am capable” characteristic that is so desirable for nurturing children.
The best reference a school can have is to hear alumni and past faculty reminisce about how much they enjoyed learning and working at BISS, and how much the school touched their lives in lasting ways. BISS is one of the most sensitive and caring schools you will encounter and I encourage you to peruse this website and learn more about our programmes, activities and community.
Families interested in joining BISS are invited to come and visit us. We are certain you will sense the BISS-feeling as soon as you walk in the front door! Please contact our Admissions Department for more information or an appointment via the Join! tab above. We would love to have the opportunity to meet you and show you around.
Mr Dawid Bochen
Pre K - 12 Principal